Bacon wrapped dates
Well, I wanted to start off this recipe with a disclaimer. WHO recently declared that Bacon is injurious to health but I wish I could convince my taste buds. It might take me some time to break-up with bacon as my brother once wisely told me “If there is ever a problem, add B.A.C.O.N to it”.
If you are a bacon lover (like me) and want to make a quick insanely divine appetizer then the bacon wrapped dates with almonds is your answer. Its super easy to make and you cannot go wrong with. This uber-flavorful appetizer marries salty crisp bacon with sweet chewy dates and crunchy almonds. These are to die for and are a perfect cocktail-party finger food. Let’s get to work.
Here’s what you need:
- Bacon (preferably nitrate-free and uncured) – 5 slices (cut in half)
- Whole Dates (preferably Medjool) – 10 nos.
- Whole Almonds – 10 nos.
- Toothpicks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit (190 Celsius)
- Slice halfway through the dates and remove the pits
- Stuff each date with an almond and wrap it with bacon (I used a full bacon slice)
- Secure with a toothpick if necessary
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the bacon wrapped dates on the baking sheet
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times until the bacon is evenly browned and crispy
- Serve warm or cold
- You can replace the almonds with goat cheese or any stuffing of your choice