Spring is here, so is the fun and the colors. It’s time for those fun bunnies, easter eggs, fresh fragrant air and a lot of rejoicing. As they say ”Spring is nature’s way of saying, Let’s Party!” so why not enjoy some pastel-icious treats to celebrate this floral season.
Rice Krispy treats is one of those easy no-bake recipes that doesn’t require much effort and is perfect for those Spring garden parties. These little-layered treats are so versatile that it can be made in various shapes and colors and not to mention they are very kid-friendly.
Here’s what you need:
- Butter – 4 Tbsp
- Mini marshmallows – 4 cups (16 oz)
- Rice Krispies – 4 cups (18 oz)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Food colors – 4 colors of your choice
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with an aluminium foil and lightly grease it with oil or butter
- Take a medium saucepan and place it over low heat
- Add in 1 Tbsp of butter followed by 1 cup of marshmallows and stir gently until they are melted and smooth. Make sure the heat is on low to avoid marshmallows from burning.
- Add in ¼ tsp of vanilla essence along with 1 food color of your choice and mix it well
- Remove the pan from heat and fold in 1 cup of rice krispies and stir well until it is completely coated with colorful sticky marshmallow mixture
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and firmly press the marshmallow covered krispies into the pan using a greased spatula
- Repeat steps 2-6 for rest of the colors and stack the colored layers in the pan
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow it to cool until it’s completely set
- Remove the aluminum and cut the krispies into desired shapes
- Keep a handful of butter or cooking spray nearby while making the krispies as it helps to work with sticky treats.
Happy cooking !! ♥♥