I come from a family where pretty much everyone goes bananas over bananas and I even wonder sometimes if we are somehow related to minions 😛 . But, unfortunately I’m the odd one out who can’t even stand the smell of bananas and the only way I would eat it is in the form of a good old-fashioned banana bread. It’s one of those classic american comfort food which is easy to make, super delicious, moist, flavorful, and doesn’t even need a fancy mixer.
I bake banana bread pretty much every other weekend and trust me fresh out-of-the-oven bread smells like heaven. It’s a perfect pick-me-up with an evening chai/coffee when you are hungry and craving a sweet snack. So, next time when you are thinking of a quick and easy snack, think Banana Bread.
Here’s what you need:
- Ripe Bananas – 3 large nos.
- All purpose flour – 1¾ cup
- Granulated white sugar – ¾ cup
- Unsalted butter (melted and cooled) – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2 nos.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with butter & flour or nonstick spray and keep it aside
- Mash the ripe bananas (using a fork) till it is free of larger lumps
- Take a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix it together with a whisk
- In another bowl add in the mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract and combine together
- Add the dry ingredients (from step 3) to the above wet mixture (step 4) and mix gently using a rubber spatula until everything is wet and well incorporated. It’s okay to have some lumps but make sure you don’t over mix the batter.
- Pour the above batter into the prepared loaf pan
- Bake it for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes and then transfer it into a wire rack and allow it to cool completely for 20 minutes
- Slice and serve!
- For better taste, use over ripe bananas (which are almost black in color)
- You can wrap and store the banana bread at room temperature for couple of days or refrigerate up to a week.
- Add roasted walnuts/pecans/almonds/chocolate chips if you desire
Happy baking !! ♥♥